St Mary’s 9.30 Service
We’re refining the Sunday 9.30 service from St Mary’s all the time. This is also live streamed for those at home. We’re finding ingenious ways to involve people. We also want to make this blended service meaningful to those in church and those at home. To that end we are including in it some prerecorded content.
If you’d like to help, especially by reading a lesson or writing and leading intercessions we’d love to hear from you.
All you need is an internet enabled device (smart phone, tablet, computer) if a computer it needs to have a camera and microphone attached (we can let you have one if necessary).
Alternatively if you’d like someone to do the work for you and film you, either at home or quietly in the church during the week, that is also possible.
Please let us know if you’d like to help using this form. We’ll contact you in due course.
This is how it works
- Film yourself on a phone or tablet
- Choose an uncluttered / appropriate background,
- with good lighting (not from behind you).
- Have the phone in landscape mode,
- aim to capture head and shoulders,
- as close as possible but with a little head room at the top.
- Try to mount your phone / tablet on something (a tripod is of course ideal) rather than going “hand held.”
- The script should be held / placed as close to the camera lens as possible, that way it will look like you are looking at the camera.
- Optionally stand on the side of the screen rather than the centre at a slight angle so that you are talking into the spare two thirds of the shot.
- Please leave a second or so of silence before and after to help with editing